Essential Concept and/or Skill: Demonstrate creative thinking in the design and development of innovative technology products and problem solving.
- Design, develop, create, and/or test digital technology products.
- Individually or collaboratively create media–rich products and display, publish, or perform them for a variety of audiences.
- Use simulations to help understand complex, real–world systems, identify problems, develop models, and analyze the output.
- Investigate global issues and make informed choices based on knowledge of technology systems, resources, and services.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Collaborate with peers, experts, and others using interactive technology.
- Interact and collaborate with peers, experts, and others using technology.
- Contribute to a content knowledge base by creating, producing, and sharing information, models, and other creative works.
- Efficiently use technology tools and resources for communication and to access remote information and exchange it with a variety of audiences.
- Engage in learning activities with learners from other countries and/or cultures using telecommunication tools to create, produce, and share information, models, and other projects with a global or cultural focus.
- Share knowledge and skills with local or distant teams of peers, experts, or others using technology tools and resources to create group works and/or innovative solutions.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Plan strategies utilizing digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
- Create a plan for the use of digital tools and resources to investigate a real–world issue.
- Locate, organize, analyze, evaluate, and synthesize information from a variety of sources and media and use this information in a legal and ethical manner.
- Evaluate resources in terms of their usefulness and validity for research.
- Use technological tools to select data and organize it into a format that is easily understood by others.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Use critical thinking skills to conduct research, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate technological tools and resources.
- Identify real–world issues and analyze technological resources for developing and refining questions for investigation.
- Effectively use multiple technological resources to develop a systematic plan for conducting research. Develop possible solutions or a complete product to demonstrate knowledge and skills.
- Use technology to gather, analyze, and assess data and its effectiveness to design, develop and test possible solutions that assist students in making decisions.
- Analyze and evaluate information from a variety of perspectives and resources in order to assess multiple solutions and investigate them from differing viewpoints.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Understand the legal and ethical issues of technology as related to individuals, cultures, and societies.
- Use technology efficiently and in a manner that does not harm them or others.
- Demonstrate awareness of legal and ethical responsibilities when using copyrighted material, and how a disregard of legal and ethical responsibilities affects others.
- Use online resources to work with others to complete a task and accept responsibility for the results.
- Identify capabilities of contemporary technology resources.
- Develop examples of how technology systems and services can assist them in pursuing personal interests.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Understand the underlying structure and application of technology systems.
- Utilize technology for everyday use and understand how technology systems can be applied to various situations.
- Select and use technology applications to conduct research, solve problems and produce finished products.
- Identify the source of a problem with technology, and, if necessary, the appropriate support personnel needed.
- Apply knowledge of technology to explore other technologies and be able to identify commonalities among them.