Essential Concept and/or Skill: Use technology resources to create original products, identify patterns and problems, make predictions, and propose solutions.
- Demonstrate creative thinking to generate new ideas and products using a variety of technology tools and resources.
- Create and share new ideas, products, and processes related to curriculum content.
- Work individually and collaboratively to create, display, publish, or perform media–rich products.
- Use models and simulations to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Use technology resources to gather and depict data, recognize trends, and project outcomes.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Use interactive technologies in a collaborative group to produce digital presentations or products in a curricular area.
- Use a variety of technology tools to work collaboratively with others inside and outside the classroom.
- Use telecommunication tools efficiently to communicate information and ideas to multiple audiences.
- Access remote information using technology.
- Engage in learning activities with learners from other countries and/or cultures.
- Appropriately contribute to project teams to produce original works or solve problems using technology.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Utilize digital tools and resources to investigate real–world issues, answer questions, or solve problems.
- Create a plan or process that utilizes digital tools and resources to investigate and answer issues, questions, or problems.
- Locate, organize, and ethically use information from a variety of sources and media.
- Access information for specific purposes, and assess the validity of the information source.
- Identify, select, and organize data. Discuss and describe the results.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Use technological resources to develop and refine questions for investigation.
- Choosing from a variety of real–world issues and/or problems, use technological resources to develop and refine questions for investigation.
- Use technological resources to conduct research and complete a project.
- Identify trends or solutions or assist students in making decisions.
- Identify and explore diverse perspectives and processes to find multiple solutions to problems.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Understand and practice appropriate, legal, and safe uses of technology for lifelong learning.
- Demonstrate awareness of the dangers of sharing personal information with others.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what electronic theft and plagiarism are and why they are harmful.
- Identify the positive values of using technology to accomplish tasks.
- Use technology to explore and pursue personal interests.
- Show others how to use new technologies, and use technology in a way that assists, rather than prevents, others from learning.
Essential Concept and/or Skill: Understand technology hardware and software system operations and their application.
- Use everyday technology processes, hardware, and software.
- Select the most efficient and appropriate technology tool for a specific task.
- Begin to identify the source of a problem with technology, and, if necessary, identify the appropriate support personnel.
- Apply prior knowledge of technologies to new technologies.